Sunday, August 19, 2007

AND GOD CREATED...



The YSL Tilbury lace up. Hello lover. Heels are on my mind as last night was the first time since I broke my foot (3 months ago) that I was able to successfully (bravely!) wear high heels.

(I know I keep posting wintery clothing type things, but if, like me you have woken up one day in mid August to discover it's autumn already, the one consolation (I assure you) is the pulling on of a brand new cashmere sweater and thoughts of winter wardrobe building blocks.)

So, the shoe. Named after (heel teetering make up artist) Charlotte Tilbury?

I felt a glimmer of recognition on seeing this shoe and thought it was that first flush of knowing it would be mine. Then I realised its similarity to this YSL shoe I own (who it was named after I couldn't tell you) from a few years ago...lets call it the spiky heel Mary Jane T-bar broguey shoe...


The heel is deceptive. That heel is at least two inches higher than it looks. I just measured it and it's four and a half inches high. The construction of the shoe is such that the heel meets the sole only an inch and a half before the top of the shoe. That'd be a good trick if you were shorter, which I'm not. So that means the Tilbury must be like walking on stilts. But from my experience with the SHMJT-BB shoes I would give them a try. I have been able to stand all day and night in those babies, albeit tottering slightly and holding onto tables, people and bannisters at wobbly moments.

I doubt very much that anything other than, "Are you on the waiting list?" would be the response to enqiries about the Tilbury in London, but I'm tentatively confident that I'll be able to find them in Italy - and YSL's a bit cheaper there too.

Ooh my mind is filling with images of what I'll wear them with...

Aaaaand I've got to have one of those cocktail rings (in turquoise preferably) maybe in the sale...woooohoooo.

Top image from

2 comments:

The Spicers said...

I love that new YSL shoe, but doubt I could manage it without a Vicodin/champagne cocktail. They are what my husband refers to as party shoes, meaning I need a couple of drinks to withstand the pain of wearing them all night.

Claire said...

I think I may have gone a bit doolally with the thought of being able to wear heels again....