Thursday, August 02, 2007

OFF!...


I'm off to the seaside for the weekend (to a place where woolly socks and a fleece are advisable and a bikini is wishful thinking. So don't feel jealous - it's only England.)

DO entertain yourselves with these links while I'm gone...

I don't know why but this song keeps popping into my head...

I prefer The Shins sound playing on the street in Montmartre on Blogotheque...

I love these by lilacmoon on flickr...

If you are feeling bored you should go to the cinema and watch this. If when you have peeled your whitened knuckles from the cinema seat and gone home you are still bored, I would advise reading this, (especially the first story) or this unless you have been recently bereaved. Well, that was supposed to be all happy and sparky, how did I end with bereaved?

Okay, one more. I like wiksten-made. She makes things that I would make if I wasn't so lazy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad for the sea with no sun. The sea-air will still do you some good. Ahhhh great! suggestions (but sorry the Shins, don't do it for me). Lately everywhere I go everyone seems to be talking about Joan Didion, (who is now published in French)...so I guess I have to read her.
delphine

Claire said...

heh, yeah I don't like how the Shins sound on their albums - too polished, but I thought the live blogotheque thing was charming...and I read the Joan Didion book for the same reason!

Anonymous said...

Woolly socks coupled with the seaside... ah, it can only be a good thing.
see you, g
(Off to further peruse those links now, I think.)

RD said...

It's a nice book, this Didion one, though I prefer the magical realists of South America any day. Anglo Saxons (sorry to generalize) aren't ready to follow their flights of fancy more than half a step before they pull back and say: must stay sensible. There's a stage play now with Vanessa Redgrave no less.

Sun? You want the sun. Get thee over here. But actually I might be ready for a bit of swap, being sun-maxed myself...

Enjoy the sea!

Cheers,

BB

discotheque confusion said...

I like tips posts! I really wanted to see that film, but I'm afraid that I missed it, and If its still on where you are, I highly recomment Paris, Je T'aime. Its lovely and very funny in places.

Have fun, and try not to get rained on too much!

S xx

Claire said...

g - amazingly summer arrived and the woolly socks were not needed -well, only in the evenings - post forthcoming!...

bb - may I agree to disagree when we discuss the works of C.S Lewis? Eh?

dc - I saw Paris Je T'Aime too but haven't posted about it yet - forthcoming!...(I really loved a few, kind of liked most and really didn't like a few of the segments) but I had waited so long to see it, it couldn't possibly live up to my expectations...I loved the final one...

la femme said...

Cold weather or not, I'm still jealous.

...and Feist is from my neighbourhood! I love that song too.