Monday, December 10, 2007

OH NO!...


Kaaaachung! That is the sound of yet another US interiors magazine biting the dust. Since the US seems to be a pretty accurate barometer of reading habits, any British folk who don't read anything online, never not ever and there's plenty of 'em believe me, had better start getting in the habit of scrolling. It will happen here eventually too. (Personally I have saved many trees and have read about far more interesting things since my conversion to the ways of the interwebs.)

That was a digression. What I was going to say is that if anyone in the US wants to do a magazine swap with me before Blueprint dies next month, (that is the Martha Stewart Omnimedia published Blueprint not the British architecture mag) drop me an email at lolaisbeauty(AT)hotmail(DOT)co(DOT)uk. I think the final issue will be Jan/Feb.

Blueprint has been really hard to get hold of here and the couple of issues I had I really liked - appealed to the perfectionist in me, what can I say - I care. I'd also like to swap for a current issue of Domino. So let me know: British Elle Decoration, Living Etc, whatever - I have loads of back issues of those as well so I'd be willing to swap two oldies for a newie of Blueprint or Domino or something.

I am suddenly transported back to the times of Michael J. Fox Back to the Future sticker swaps.

EDIT: Thanks to a commenter I discovered that though they stopped stocking Blueprint in Borders Oxford Street after the first two issues - they do have it in Tottenham Court Road Borders. And guess what? I went, I saw, I didn't like the Christmas issue! Sorry Blueprint, I'll buy the last one of you in January I promise.

7 comments:

RD said...

You know my feelings about Martha... She's my personal therapist... Sorry to see the mag bite the dust... Will look out for this when I'm in the US in Jan. Cheers, BB

Anonymous said...

you're not alone!!
look at this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/creature_comforts/2101939054/
xxx
Mia

Anonymous said...

Borders on Tottenham Court Road stock this.

Claire said...

No way! Borders Oxford St used to, then they stopped and told me they didn't have it at the other one either...think of all the cool crafty ideas I've missed out on...

Anonymous said...

just read at Hoping for happy Accidents...that although the mag will be gone..the blog will continue...
delphine

The Style Spook said...

I'll trade with you. I have the new issues of both of those. Blueprint and Domino are my two favorites and I subscribe to both. Oh wait, I think I have the December Blueprint, but when the new one comes I can send them both. Just let me know what you'd like. We can work it our where I pay my shipping to send and you pay yours and it can be squared that way. So sad that there's no more Blueprint. Bummer! ;( Why does this keep happening to my favorites?

Claire said...

Rookster - thanks but I found it in the most obvious place in London thanks to the commenter above...although I did miss 5 of the 7 issues so maybe a back issue swap? I have loads of English mags...