Monday, January 28, 2008

HELLO RIDICULOUS...


I just bought some "I Love You" Champagne Marmite in my local Sainsbury's for £2.99. I had no idea that marmite was the new I'm not a plastic bag. I know the marmite is a limited edition and everything but um, people selling them on ebay: three of you claim to have the "rare" and "special" pot numbered 14. Which is weird as I seem to have 13 and 15. Kind of unlikely that people in completely different parts of the country would have subsequent or the same...er....WHO CARES? Yesterday someone had two jars for sale on ebay at the buy it now price of £65 - they must have either been sold or removed 'cos they're gone. GO TO SAINSBURY'S THE SHELVES ARE FULL OF THEM. (Also available online.) Don't ask me how I stumbled upon this information. And yes, Marmite collectors I am actually going to unseal the jar and eat it. I can't really imagine how or why marmite and champagne would go well together but it's still a cute (widely available at a store near you) Valentine's gimmick.

*UPDATE* it tastes like marmitey wine sauce. Hmm, weird on toast.

3 comments:

TIG said...

I'm actually rather intrigued by the concept of Champagne Marmite, although I wouldn't go as far as to collect it . . .

Joanna Goddard said...

how weird and funny....i'm one of those americans who hates marmite, though. long live peanut butter!!!

Anonymous said...

i will never understand marmite.
nutella, on the other hand...