Thursday, February 21, 2008

BY THREE I CAN GET WHAT THEY MEAN...


one) When I was at school and had pages from Vogue and Elle plastered over my entire bedroom, I asked The Coolest Girl In School (who was awarded this title as her older brothers had both been in prison) if she read Vogue. Her response, which I've never forgotten was; "Nah, full of fackin' French adverts ain't it?"

two) I was showing a friend who doesn't read blogs, and whose interest in fashion is limited to what looks cute/flattering on her, some of the blogs I read. When we got to The Sartorialist she exclaimed, "What a funny thing to do! Why would anyone want to look at that?" Cue me fumblingly trying to explain how many millions of hits it gets and how really really famous and successful Scott Schuman is.

three) The cover of this month's British Vogue screams: BANGLES - the new status accessory. Zzzzzz...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sometimes you get so tired of it all, when everything is just about consuming. Love the Sart though, and your blog. :)

miss milki said...

"full of fackin' French adverts ain't it?"!!! Hilarious!

Of course I love the 'fackin French adverts' as much as any of the articles or editorials and as for the Sart...total legend.

la femme said...

great line.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

oooh, I love that she was cool b/c of the prison association (did I tell you that I work on a prisoner rights program?)

Hope you got my email about the vintage Moroccan wedding blankets. I found new, very pretty throw sized ones YESTERDAY.

Claire said...

maryam: still looking through - so hard to choose. but the ones you found yesterday...ooh I'd like to see those...

Anonymous said...

Very funny! Yes, sometimes it's better to try not to explain! ;-)

xoxx Girl and the City (in Paris)

http://girlandthecity.wordpress.com