Wednesday, July 30, 2008

HITOTOKI...


Hitotoki Paris has launched. The site looks beautiful and Lauren has done such a great job. I couldn't turn down the offer of contributing to something as insanely wonderful as a narrative map, could I. The idea behind Hitotoki (meaning something like "small moment" in Japanese) is (as they say) to collect "short narratives describing pivotal moments of elation, confusion, absurdity, love or grief - or anything in between - inseparably tied to a specific place" - in Paris in this case. My hitotoki is here. Make sure to check out all the others' too - I especially like Cath's and John Greiner's.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I loved your line:
"I went, drank more wine, laughed and talked like those people you see through restaurant windows."

Sam in Paris

Anonymous said...

i just read your piece! love your writing!!! (such humour, such cleverness.;) and i bought a tote from the rwb...
nancy

Stacy said...

I'm checking it out as I type this (well after I type this)

this modern love said...

what a lovely site - i could get lost in it for hours. and your piece really is beautiful. the last line conveys so much with so few words (which is the best sort of writing, in my opinion)

Claire said...

Thank you all! Funny two of you picked up on that last line. I'm so glad you liked it - and the site is just such a pleasure to scoot around isn't it? It's so well built and the idea is so simple and well executed.

Minniti said...

hey there,
I have been a fan of your blog for years. I never commented until now. Congrats on bringing attention to hitotoki.org and I thoroughly enjoyed your piece. I live and work in San Francisco and try to get to paris as often as possible! I am going to see if I can't persuade a few folks to launch a hitotoki san francisco edition. It's been my mission as of late to bring attention to SF.
minniti*

Claire said...

Minniti thank you. You should definitely contact them about doing an SF Hitotoki - for one thing, I'm sure everyone has a good Tenderloin story...