Monday, August 03, 2009

APPARTEMENTS DE FILLES A PARIS...

I've always been really curious about the Edition Paumes Paris books, but I had never actually seen a live one. How could I not be curious about these Japanese books with titles like Appartements de filles a Paris, Petits appartements a Paris, Appartements d'amoureux à Paris, Paris Kitchens, Paris Studios, Paris Brocante - you get the idea. How to order one of these little tomes from Japan always seemed very slightly befuddling, but then I realised you can order them from the Yvestown shop. I decided on Appartements de filles a Paris (the homes of 22 young female artists in Paris) and shipped from the Netherlands I received it in about 3 days.

Flipping through the little book gave me slightly the same feeling as scrolling through Paris real estate listings, except with totally impenetrable Japanese text instead of real estate listings where you can just about guess: vitro ceramique = ceramic hob? Probably. Overall though, the style the makers of the book are attracted to was a little too cutesy/kitsch and brightly coloured for my cold, stark soul.

One apartment I wouldn't mind moving into straight away though, was that of Mademoiselle Camille. I might have mentioned before that I'm completely obsessed with the chevron oak floors you get in classic Parisian apartments. It's a sickness really. Camille has my dream floor. Her apartment is even painted the same colour as mine so Lola would feel at home immediately. Look, there's even a chair for her. And when Camille and I swap apartments indefinitely, she doesn't even have to pack up her Chanel bag, Repetto shoes and (faux j'espere) fur jacket because I would be, for a small fee, willing to look after them for her.

camille1
camille 2

{Images from Appartements de filles a Paris / Edition Paumes}

12 comments:

Unknown said...

wow...i love love love her abode man! oh and what a great shade of blue (it's almost the colour of my ceiling in the livingroom..)

travel notes said...

I love the 'amour' sign.

Gaboushka said...

Very nice, but what is it about the French that make us English girls feel a bit like a potato standing next to a broad bean? There was a very intimidating Vogue shoot with Vanessa Paradis and Johnny Depp, which took the potato thing to a whole other level, very muddy and sprouting eyes.

annbug said...

oh dear! her apartment is too lovely for words..

Heini said...

Great blog!

Bombay Beauty said...

Wonderful concept! Would love find someone to swap apts with. Mine too is a little too mid-Century I suspect for her taste... BB

Grace said...

What a beautiful living situation.

Love Grace.

r said...

thanks for the review and link.. i also have a "cold, stark soul" ha! but, the pics of camille's apartment look great..

July Stars said...

So curious about this collection of books. I'd never heard of the Edition Paumes. Thanks for the tip! Going to have a look at the Yvestown shop immediately!

Kate said...

I've got Chevron Oak floors in all rooms (okay, there's only a kitchen, living room and a small bedroom on 60 sqm) and I also love them. I tried to leave as much floor uncovered as possible. Not easy in a small apartment but still. :-)

bee said...

every apartment i obsess over lately has a big fireplace and stately mirror hanging over it like that! just beautiful.

purplehaze said...

these books are amazing !! I'v got several of them : london kitchen, bébés à paris, children' rooms copenhagen etc... there is a lot of choice! I don't know this one but you're selection is interesting...