Wednesday, August 19, 2009

SIMPLE FAVOURITES...


Keel's Simple Diary {via Famapa} and floating kamikaze self beheading ranunculus in bowls of water.

The Keel's Simple Diary is most enchanting. I chose red, which could mean that I a) like cashmere b) am quick c) dislike loud noise. (All of the above in fact.) Since it asks you questions and you just have to fill stuff in, it only takes a moment. So far, I've done it every day. A random sampling of questions:

Your day was: a sip (), wasabi (), a slip (). Explain why..........

Definitely and without a doubt, you can resist this temptation:..........

Stupidity is 1. entertaining. 2. tough to cure. 3. time consuming.

What you don't have yet will be better than what you have now. ()Yes () probably not.

I was going to call this post Simple Favourites Thursday but apparently it's Wednesday. Duckie has broken down (her alternator has died) so I am slightly stranded for the next few days. I also got a parking ticket even though I had paid to park by phone, but weirdly I still feel quite cheery. Must be the diary.

11 comments:

Madelene said...

I could use a diary with questions. I have three diaries, one for prose regarding my days; one where I make lists using similar questions as yours (also about how my day has been) and one agenda that I rarely use. Yes, I'm a little bit obsessed.

Rose said...

those are just lovely. What do the other colours mean? I think I might be a yellow.

Claire said...

You are obsessed! And you keep them all safely, yes? I'd really recommend this one. The questions are really quirky and thought provoking. I have a cupboard full of journals that I never re-read. I used to write morning pages (3 pages A4 long hand on waking) but fell out of the habit long ago...

RD said...

Interesting - it's liking having your personal therapist, but much cuter and much cheaper! BB

Unknown said...

oh i love it (and the pen...that is the "one" that writes so fantastically...)

well i have a red moleskine (but it didn't tell me i love cashmere, although i do..;(

oh and i was a day late myself (hate when you discover that at the bank)..

oh and poor duckie...was she named after duckie from "pretty in pink"??
well this was a super fun post...save for the death o the alternator and the parking ticket...

;))

Ammu said...

Just discovered your blog - love it. I am going to get two of these diaries - one for a close friend whom I have known for 18 years (she turns 30 in 2 weeks!) and one for myself. I think it will make the perfect present. Thank you for pointing me to it!

Claire said...

N - I have a red moleskine too and I keep picking up the wrong one! And yes I have about 83 of that exact pen stashed around the place. She is Duckie because she's duck egg blue - but I see the connection...

Ammu - glad to have helped. Everyone I have shown it to has immediately bought one as a present for someone so far.

Claire said...

Rose - there's an insert telling you what your colour means but the book is sealed so even if you looked in a shop you'd have to buy it to find out! Sneaky. I think it tells you after you've ordered online as well...

Anonymous said...

I want to read it. I also want to read the morning pages.

Rose said...

Ah thank you! I'm going to get yellow or green!

Metropolitan Mum said...

Ohhh. I want one, too. I think I'd be purple, if this exists.