Sunday, March 14, 2010

WHAT I DID DO*...

*If I'm forced into telling people about my blog, I assure them that I don't just go on about what I did at the weekend; that hopefully I offer some kind of interesting and creative content. But here I am doing just that, because I had the best time last night - and because my birthweek is speeding up at such a rate that I need a place to record it.

To begin the celebrations of the week of my birth, we met up at Dalston Superstore, then went to Club Motherfucker. I had to drag myself out of bed to get there, having spent the day nursing a hangover, so turned up looking slightly disheveled. Handily (ha) they had manicurists from Wah Nails giving free manicures, so I ended up with blood red nails and what looks like blobs of caviar decorating my nails. It's quite understated actually, but I can't stop picking at it.

The highlight of the night was very definitely Pope Joan's set. Take a roomful of people ready to be slightly underwhelmed and then proceed to blow their minds. I don't think I've ever congratulated a drummer before. I want to see them live again (it doesn't really come across listening on myspace.) But they're really good.

We shall not speak of shattered dreams or of childhood heroes, of Lady Miss Kier's DJ set, which I had been so excited about. A few views of Groove Is In The Heart and I'll have forgotten all about it. I was not "thrilled with satisfaction", that's for sure. But I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt (as she was really sweet) and I'll guess that she might have been on the sauce beforehand (weren't we all).

*To complete this terribly pedestrian post about my weekend I even have crappy IPhone photos. (Forgive me.)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

youpi!!! happy birthweek!!!
love birthweeks...
and yours thus far sounds fab!
can't wait to hear about the rest of the week!!!
xx!!!

Anonymous said...

oh, I loved Deee Lite too! I bought World Clique where it was still, gasp, in vynil...
xxx
Mia

Jocy said...

Yay for birthweek celebrations!

Toni Marie said...

Happy Birthweek and day!! I love reading about fun days from people on blogs! Sounds like you had a great time :)

Rose said...

happy birthweek- wicked nails!

Apocalypstick said...

It was my birthweek too, yeah!

(hope yours was fantastic)