Thursday, May 06, 2010

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HAPPY THIS MAKES ME...

*I feel the need to listen to Phoenix's Love Like a Sunset Parts I & II at least twelve times a day, so when I heard that Sofia Coppola was going to direct a short film to it (it's 10 minutes 40 seconds long) I was practically hopping up and down with excitement. You can't help listening without mentally directing one anyway - so the thought of Sofia making one, though hardly surprising, was welcome news. Now it emerges that Phoenix has in fact used it heavily for the soundtrack of Sofia's upcoming film, Somewhere, which I was already hopping up and down excited about. More about it here. I am doing a little jig.

*What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? I clearly respond well to aggression, because I really feel like trying the lamb with carrots and pureed chickpeas, having not cooked a proper meal in months. {via Vain & Vapid}.

*Paperless Post is like Smythson stationery for your computer.

*The brand spankin' new (not quite fully opened) East London Line. I can get to Shoreditch and Dalston in minutes! My flat just doubled in value! Orange doors!

6 comments:

RD said...

OK - you've convinced me - I'm going to listen to Phoenix... bb

Unknown said...

heheheh!!! love this!
and yes fab all around that sofia c will make a little film (if she shoots just a portion of itin super 8mm...i will be very happy!).
i think i respond to aggression well...as well.
nice...although i am still old skool enough to get out the pen and paper.
and oooo new metro er tube line....now that's sexy.

Claire said...

Eh, eh, but it's the soundtrack for THE feature length film now - so I think that's what they were saying before and it was misinterpreted or they weren't allowed to say or whatever. Moi, j'adore the pen and paper - except when it's 11.58pm and I realise I've forgotten to send someone a birthday card. Paperless Post saves me..

chibi said...

paperless post is such a cool site! thanks for spreading the word :)
and how did your lamb go??

Claire said...

oh, well apparently they weren't hard enough on me because I haven't made it yet! I did make spag bol though so at least it's a step in the right direction...

Thea said...

They have been quite quiet about it reopening. I wish it would hurry up and come to Clapham Junction - think it might change my life!
mmm love Phoenix.