Monday, June 06, 2011

AE-1, I LIKE IT...

A couple of weeks ago I went down to the Dorset coast with the Canon AE-1. My photos are nothing to shout about, I was just playing around, but the satisfaction of winding that film on is completely addictive. The first picture is from an old roll I had developed, taken with Fujipro 400H I think last year, the rest were taken with Kodak Portra 160 that Elle very kindly sent me. The tones are so different - forgive me for being so late to the party on the analogue rediscovery front - well, I've had little dalliances with Lomos/Dianas but that never lasted long. I feel this might.








I like that the camera I'm now using is the same one that my dad used to take photos of me on holiday in the same place nearly 3 decades ago.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

oh brilliant claire! isn't film amazing??!!...just how it handles light, teh saturated colours, the grain...it's poetry.
beautiful photos, especially the last few.
and wonderful that it is the same camera that your father used.
(thanks for coming back to analogue--said with a tear in my eye)...xxn

anabela / fieldguided said...

These are so beautiful, Claire! I love the tones.

RD said...

very nice! i've been asking to take over my dad's old nikon. this is inspiration to do it! xo bb

charlotte said...

brilliant, i love them, that portra looks amazing.
more please!!

vic said...

So lovely!! I'm glad you finally got to use the AE1!

Kate said...

ah, such lovely lovely tones!!

Betty said...

We have a camera that the ed's grandpa used to use. It is nice that is is still being used and in working order, love the colours on that beach hut x