Saturday, March 02, 2013

MERCI FOR THE FLOWERS...

We happened to be at Merci the other day when they were changing their visual concept over for spring. Until then the red Fiat 500 had stayed all winter with a few pumpkins and gourds next to it and I actually can't remember how it was inside, although I saw them tearing down the previous installation.

We sat in the used book cafe and watched as two women filled the Fiat first with plastic, then hundreds thousands of deep pink rose petals, so it looked like it was completely full of them.


Everywhere inside they had put displays of white and deep pink ranunculus, anemones and wax flowers (that's what I call them anyway!) popped individually into small vessels and grouped together.


It was a much needed reminder that spring is near. And also, can I please have the job of rose petal fluffer?


2 comments:

Extra Solar said...

Merci always has the best visuals. I don't often go there but when I do, it's a treat.

Janika R. said...

love those flowers...