Thursday, May 02, 2013

THE SET TABLE...


Last Thursday night I went to the launch of The Set Table: The Art of Small Gatherings at Anthropologie in Kings Road. The book is by Hannah Shuckburgh, (who is the features editor of Easy Living magazine) with photography by the very talented Charlotte Bland and illustrations by Lydia Starkey. It's about setting a beautiful table with what you love and have collected: mismatched linens and charity shop crockery, flowers from the garden, a few candles. It's the sort of artfully informal way you'd set a table now.

There was an atmosphere of excitement as we toasted the book, surrounded by armfuls of gorgeous flowers from the flower arranging workshop Hannah had hosted just prior to the launch.

Flipping through The Set Table I was struck by the photography of Charlotte Bland, who happens to be a very kind and exceptionally modest friend of mine. As I am not modest I will tell you that the book also happens to feature my hands, twice! Below are some exclusive original photos used in the book, which you can buy here and at lots of other good bookshops.











{All photos © Charlotte Bland}

3 comments:

danica said...

Sold! Charlotte's photography is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Charlotte!
Xx
Mia

Rose said...

beautiful pictures, sounds like a great evening for her- I wish I was better with a camera!