Saturday, June 29, 2013

UNE SERIE NOIRE...


Time to get over the barrier of not wanting to write a new post. I'm not going to go on about how life is a rollercoaster, although that bloody song has been stuck in my head for the past six weeks and it's probably stuck in yours now. Suffice to say, a series of unexpected events has occurred recently, including but not limited to: my car being stolen, me having French lessons, then going to Paris and having a lovely time, Lola having a serious freak accident while I was in Paris (she's ok now), me seeing Patti Smith at the Royal Festival Hall with C, going on a whirlwind trip to Andalusia, and thanks to Google, losing every single image from this blog - all 2,500 of them going back to 2006 - which can only be rectified by me manually. re-uploading. every. single. image. one. by. one. Which I'm doing, but this takes hours and hours and days of mind numbingly tedious work. Although I now don't trust Google for a second so I don't know what I'm going to do about being trapped in their clutches in future. And there will possibly be a post forthcoming, warning people how not to get all your blog images surprise irrevocably deleted by Google at some point. So that happened, and a load of other stuff - some really, really bad, and some really, really good.

Here is a token picture of what the sun is supposed to look like, and does, in Andalusia.


5 comments:

P R I M O E Z A said...

what is it with this month?? It's been a roller coaster for a few other people I know and definitely hasn't been one of my better times either. sorry to hear about your beautiful car and hope lola is ok!

charlotte said...

Thank heavens for Patti and the solstice. x

Bardotty said...

What do you mean Google deleted the blog images *rushes to check*.
I'm sorry about all the shitty stuff :(. It has been a rather stressful month for most people, it can only get better, right? x

Anonymous said...

I just saw Patti last week here in Brussels. She is amazing.

Claire said...

Elizabeth - thank you, I hope things are getting better for you too - Lola seems totally fine now! It happened while I was away so I was spared witnessing her pain.

C - yes, thank heavens for Patti!

Bardotty - yes Google changed where the images are hosted but neglected to mention that the random folders of images they automatically put in my personal Google + under my full name and not connected to the blog or indicating that they were - were in fact the original image files for the blog, which used to be hosted by Picasa (also owned by Google). Godit?! So when I thought wtf are these and made the folders private it broke all the links to the images and couldn't be put back again. I've manually reinstated them back to 2010 so far, but JEEZ that has taken about 30 hours already!